Enjoy general dentistry at Weatherford Advanced Dentistry
At Weatherford, Advanced Dentistry patients can learn from Dr. Chris Elliott how to care for and improve their oral health and wellness with general dentistry.
General dentistry services available at Weatherford Advanced Dentistry
- Routine dental cleanings. Also known as prophylaxis, regular dental cleanings remove plaque and tartar (calculus) built up on your teeth over time. Plaque is a noticeable sticky film of bacteria that constantly forms on your teeth, and tartar is hardened plaque. If not removed, plaque and tartar can lead to gum disease.
- Dental examinations. Oral exams are provided to patients of all ages and are an essential part of preventive care. Your dentist will check for cavities, gum disease, and other problems during an oral exam. He or she will also assess your risk for future dental problems.
- X-rays. Dental x-rays are an essential diagnostic tool that helps your dentist detect problems that cannot be seen with the eyes, like tooth decay, abscesses, and tumors. X-rays also help to determine the location of teeth that have not yet erupted.
- Oral cancer screening. Oral cancer screenings are an integral part of a routine dental examination. Your dentist will check your mouth for signs of cancer, such as sores, red or white patches, and lumps.
- Fluoride treatment. Fluoride is a natural mineral that helps to prevent tooth decay. It can be applied topically in the form of a gel, foam, or varnish or taken internally as a tablet or liquid. Fluoride treatments are often recommended for children and adults who are at high risk for tooth decay.
- Oral hygiene education. Good oral hygiene is essential for preventing common and preventable dental problems. Your dentist can teach you how to brush and floss your teeth properly. He will also provide you with information about diet and oral health.
Request a visit with our team today
Dr. Chris Elliott and his team at Weatherford Advanced Dentistry we are here to provide new and returning patients with the dental services they need for healthy, happy smiles! Call (817) 753-1470 to request an appointment at his facility, located at 181 East BB Fielder Road, Ste. #200, and get started learning about all the ways to care for your smile!